The reason for the popularity of the Nintendo console is that you can switch between a big TV to a smartphone seamlessly. However, you can do the same with Sony PlayStation where you can switch from playing video games on your TV to your Android smartphone.
That is where the Sony PS4 Remote Play app comes into the scene and it is compatible with Android, iOS as well as Windows and Mac computers. With Sony PS4 Remote Play app, you can seamlessly pause your video playing on your TV and switch to your Android smartphone, and continue playing on the go. In this article, we will illustrate how to remote play PS4 games on Android.
Requirements For Remote Play PS4 Games
The following are the requirements to use the feature of the PS4 remote.
- PS 4 or PS 4 Pro console.
- Compatible smartphone or tablet.
- PS4 Remote Play app.
- Wireless Dualshock 4 controller.
- Compatible PS4 game.
- Internet speed of at least 5 Mbps.
An important thing that you need to keep in mind is that the PS4 and phone must be on the same Wi-Fi network. If you are away from your home as well as the console, the Remote Play function will not work.
Which Devices Are Compatible For PS4 Remote Play?
To stream PS4 games on your mobile device, you must have one from the following.
- Any Android smartphone with a minimum of Android 5.0. It also lets you use Android 10 or above by connecting Dualshock 4 wireless controller through Bluetooth.
- PS4 Remote Play is also compatible with Apple devices having an operating system of iOS 12.1 or above. In doing so, it let you enable touch controls. There is also an option to use with iOS 13 or above with the support of Dualshock 4.
- You can even access the feature on your laptop or desktop. It supports Windows 8 or 10 and even Mac OS 10.12 above. Mac devices that have macOS Catalina 10.5 will have to use Dualshock.
How to Use PS4 Remote Play App?
Once you have made the necessary settings, download PS4 Remote Play app through App Store or Play Store. To use Remote Play feature, you will have to follow the following instructions.
- On your mobile device, you will have to open the PS4 Remote Play app.
- Now you will have to click on the blue “Start” button which will look for the PS4.
- In the next step, you need to sign in to your PlayStation account. Keep in mind that you will have to use the same account which you are using on the console.
- Once you have signed into the device, the app will look for the console by using the same Wi-Fi network. You need to have patience as it can take several minutes. Also, the PlayStation has to be turned on and must be signed in to the user profile.
There is also another way to register the PS4. However, in this case, you will have to enter the code manually. Follow these instructions to complete the task.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Now you need to go to “Remote Play Connection Settings”.
- From the many options, you will have to select “Add Device”.
Some Common Issues and Troubleshooting Tips
At times, you may not be able to connect to the PlayStation 4 properly. Here are the steps to follow.
- Confirm if the PlayStation Remote Play function is enabled.
- Make sure you have signed in to the same account for both the mobile device and the console.
- Make sure both the devices are on the same network and have a network strong connection.
- In case if you are unable to make the connection, you can consider restarting the console as well as a mobile device.
The option of seamlessly switching from your gaming console to your smartphone or tablet while playing video games is no more exclusive to Nintendo console. You can do the same with Sony PlayStation thanks to PS4 Remote Play app. Make sure all the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network and play video games wherever you want.